Required system maintenance to the California Medi-Cal Eligibility Data System (MEDS) are scheduled to take place on Monday, January 24, 2022. The Maintenance will begin during an extended maintenance period, which begins at 7 :00 p.m. on Monday, January 24, 2022 and will continue through 4:00 a.m. on Tuesday, January 25, 2022. During this window, additional eligibility transactions in Transactions Services may not be available:
- Hospital Presumptive Eligibility (HPE)
- Child Health and Disability Prevention Gateway (CHDP Gateway)
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Program (BCCTP)
- Presumptive Eligibility for Pregnant Women (PE4PW)
- COVID-19 Presumptive Eligibility (CPE)
To reduce the impact on providers, upgrades are scheduled during a period when the systems are used less frequently. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please refer to the Medi-Cal System Status web page for updates.
Medi-Cal Rx Status
If you are submitting NCPDP D.0 transactions for beneficiaries who are not part of a Managed Care Plan (MCP), all transactions regardless of date of service must be sent to Medi-Cal Rx. Refer to the Medi-Cal Rx NCPDP Payer Specification Sheet on the Medi-Cal Rx website for additional information. This document includes all changes to transactions due to the transition.
Medi-Cal is aware of Medi-Cal Rx issues that are affecting providers and/or beneficiaries. The Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) is working with the vendor to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Please visit the Medi-Cal Rx website for the current status.
Medi-Cal Rx is Live!
All administrative services related to Medi-Cal pharmacy benefits billed on pharmacy claims from existing Medi-Cal Fee-For-Service (FFS) or Managed Care Plan (MCP) intermediaries have transitioned to Medi-Cal Rx. Please go to the Medi-Cal Rx website for information, or call Medi-Cal Rx at 1-800-977-2273.
MCSS Emails and MLP Surveys Temporarily Suspended
Due to technical difficulties, the following Medi-Cal services are temporarily suspended until further notice:
- Medi-Cal Subscription Service (MCSS): emails sent to MCSS subscribers are temporarily suspended. Existing subscribers can still access their profile and edit their subscription preferences during this period, and potential new subscribers can also sign up with MCSS, although they may not receive a traditional welcome email after successful subscription.
- Medi-Cal Learning Portal (MLP): survey links available in the MLP for users who have completed a course, are temporarily suspended. Users can still access the MLP and complete MLP courses, but they will not be able to submit a survey after completion of the course. Note, during this period survey completion will not be required to obtain a certificate for completion of the Audits & Investigations courseware.
Medi-Cal is monitoring the issue and working on resuming both services as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.